Last Updated on
Adobe Inc. was formerly known as Abobe Systems Incorporated. With its headquarters in San Jose, California, this American multinational computer software company develops software for graphics, printing, and publishing. Adobe made a great contribution in the desktop publishing industry by launching the PostScript printer language.
Adobe focused more on developing software products that specialize in multimedia and creativity. Recently, they’ve developed internet software applications to meet the needs of their users. Some of the most popular software from Adobe are Adobe Reader for Portable Document Format (PDF), Adobe Photoshop for editing images, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
How Did It All Started?
In December 1982, John Warnock and Charles Geschke founded Adobe. While these two computer scientists were still working at Xerox Corporation’s Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) in California, they were able to develop a printer language known as PostScript. It is specifically designed to define the exact size, location, and shape of objects on a page. This programming language labeled these objects as letters but in mathematical terms, they are known as graphics. Regardless of what type of computer or printer you are using, as long as it is able to interpret the language, it can produce a reproduction of the page. The resolution will depend on the type of computer or printer. Unfortunately, Xerox refused to launch PostScript page description language to the market. This prompted Warnock and Geschke to create their own company and named it Adobe, which is the name of the creek in Los Altos located near their homes.
For many years now, Adobe software has been used by graphic designers in creating creative presentations. They can transform photos and make them look splendid as well as create an incredible landscape.
Some Interesting Facts About Adobe
- Adobe was founded by Charles Geschke and John Warnock in December 1982.
- Its corporate headquarters is located in San Jose, California, USA.
- Adobe is the leader in technology solutions.
- A stylized “A” was used as Adobe’s logo, it was designed by John Warnock’s wife Marva. John Warnock is one of the founders of Adobe.
- Adobe PostScript was first launched to the market in 1984. This page description language is not dependent on the device that you are using. It is designed for printers to help them produce reliable outputs.
- After launching PostScript, Adobe introduced digital fonts which were matched by Apple’s TrueType.
- Adobe has more than 22,000 employees worldwide.
- This company was incorporated in California in October 1983 and was reincorporated in Delaware in May 1997.
- Adobe has excellent core values such as being exceptional, which means that they make sure that their employees and customers are having a delightful experience. Adobe is also genuine so you can always rely on them because they are sincere and trustworthy with their products and services. They are very creative and always strives hard to produce new ideas which can be useful to the business sector, making them an innovative company. Adobe is always involved in every activity that concerns their employees, customers, or partners as well as the communities that they serve.
- For the year 2018. Adobe generated a revenue of US$9.03 billion.
- Their first public offering has a share price of US$.17 and was made on August 20, 1986.
- Adobe India offers innovation, corporate culture, as well as core values.
- The assets of Adobe Stock has already reached 150 million. This includes photos, templates, 3D assets, stock videos, as well as Premium images.
- Adobe Stock has a collection of 500,000 premium images. They also have more than 5 million videos available.
- As of last year, Adobe products has already opened 250 billion PDFs.
- During the past year, Adobe Document Cloud was able to generate 8 billion electronic and digital signature transactions. If you require fast, secure e-signatures, then you can always rely on Adobe Sign, which is a trusted software by most of the companies that are included in the Fortune 100.
- Currently, Adobe Scan is one of the most popular scanning apps being used on iOS and Android. It has over 30 million downloads and has already processed 140 million scans.
- Adobe Creative Cloud mobile apps have more than 310 million downloads, making it one of the most popular creative tools.
- Using Adobe Document Cloud can generate 90% cost savings as well as a decrease of 91% in environmental impact. It can create, sign, store, and share your document without using any paper.
- At least 50% of Adobe’s revenue is obtained outside the United States.
- Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader are installed in over 700 million desktops, laptops, and other devices all over the world.
- Adobe Flash Player was introduced to the market in 1996. Afterward, it became an important element in most operating systems, browsers, and even on mobile devices.
- Adobe Reader software comes in 26 languages on ten principal platforms all over the world.
- PC manufacturers pre-installed Adobe PDF technology into their systems.
- Almost 10% of the internet’s content is made up of Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
- Over five million organizations worldwide are using Acrobat DC. It is the smartest way to create and edit PDFs as well as convert these PDFs into Microsoft Office formats. With Acrobat DC, you can even collaborate with your associates in various locations.
- Macromedia Flash is used by almost one million designers and developers worldwide.
- There are more than three million users who are actively using Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- The first consumer software that Adobe introduced to the market was Adobe Illustrator. It was designed for Mac. Later on, they introduced Adobe Photoshop in 1989, which became their leading product.
- Today, Adobe Photoshop is used by more than 90% of creative professionals worldwide. Aside from these creative professionals, it has been commonly used by other individuals to show their creativity. After it was being launched in the market in 1989, it became one of the leading image editing software.
- The online creative community of Adobe, Behance, has already acquired more than 17 million followers. Behance has been used by creative individuals all over the world to display their works or search for inspiration from other people’s works.
- Adobe has been in the creative industry for more than 30 years.
- They have offices in different parts of the world including North America (California – Corporate headquarters, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Emeryville, Lehi, Los Angeles, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, Portland, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Monica, Seattle, Washington, D.C., Canada, and Mexico), Asia (China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan), Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra), (Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Italy, Republic of Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom), and South Africa.
- According to industry analysts, Adobe is on top in more than 23 categories including Digital Commerce, Digital Marketing Analytics, Web Content Management, Marketing Cloud Platforms and more.
- Adobe has already received a lot of recognition such as “Most Innovative Companies in AR/VR”, “Best Workplaces for Diversity”, “America’s Best Place For New Graduates”, “Greenest Company (2015)”, World’s first corporation to achieve four Platinum-level Certifications for Energy and Environmental Design Excellence, and “Most Innovative Companies (2018)”
- Adobe is also included in the list of “100 Best Companies”, “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, “Top 100 Best Global Brands (2018)”, “50 Best Companies for Giving Back”, “World’s Most Innovative Companies (2016) and (2018)”, “100 Most Sustainable Companies in the U.S. (2018)”, “America’s Best Place For New Graduates (2018)”, “Most Innovative Leaders (2018)”, “World’s Most Ethical Companies (2018)”, “100 Best Companies to Work For (18 years)”, “Best Places to Work, Employees’ Choice (2018)”, and “50 Best Companies for Giving Back (2018)”.
- Adobe India has chosen as “Best Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute for the fifth consecutive year.
- After acquiring Macromedia in 2005, Adobe was able to expand its variety of products which includes newer software and platforms.
- In 2011, Adobe decided to halt the development of Flash, instead, they focus more on HTML 5.
- Adobe has made major acquisitions including Allegorithmic (2019), Magento (2018), Marketo (2018), Behance (2012), Macromedia, Inc. (2005), TubeMogul (2016), Neolane (2013), Efficient Frontier (2012), Day Software (2010), Omniture, Inc. (2009), and Aldus (1994).
What is Adobe Creative Cloud?
Adobe Creative Cloud offers you the best apps and services which can be used for videos, designs, and images. Even if you are just a beginner, you can easily get started since it includes useful templates and tutorials. It includes everything that you need from accomplishing your dreams or doing your projects.
With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can express your ideas and share them with everyone. Are you a striving Hollywood filmmaker or an enthusiastic YouTuber? Using Adobe video and audio tools, you can now enhance your footage so it can be shown on TV, film, and the web. Editing can be done on your desktop or your phone. There are several tools that you can use for adding effects, graphics, as well as high-quality audio. You can do any types of animation. It is compatible with all types of apps and devices.
Adobe Creative Cloud comes with different types of tools which can bring your imagination to life. It comes with all the apps that you need whether you are editing photos, designing websites, compositing images, digital painting, 3D images, and more. Now, you can easily create amazing posters, ads, logos, labels, etc. Using digital brushes, you can easily sketch, draw, or paint, it’s just like doing the actual thing. These tools are also available in mobile apps, so you can work wherever you are.
Making your photos look amazing can be done quickly and easily. Adobe has the best photography tools that can help you in creating incredible photos.
Using the Lightroom photo service, editing, organizing, storing, and sharing your high-resolution images can be done anywhere. Photoshop can help you turn your images into anything you can imagine. You can transform your exotic ideas into stunning experiences with Adobe’s collection of web and UX design tools. Whether or not you have any experience in coding, you can create your own functional, responsive web pages. Design websites, mobile apps, and a lot more!
What is Adobe Experience Cloud?
Adobe Experience Cloud contains the best solutions designed for marketing, analytics, promotion, and commerce. All of these are incorporated on a cloud platform including its support, service, as well as an open ecosystem to help you provide wonderful experiences to your customers.
If you are a business owner, then you must understand the importance of customer experience. You must be able to manage your customers’ experiences from the start until the end. Nowadays, customer expectations are increasing. Hence, you need access to immediate solutions so you can provide these expectations as soon as possible. Aside from technology, it is also important to consider the needs of your customers as well as the processes that you were using.
Adobe Experience Cloud is your complete customer experience solution. It consolidates all your marketing techniques into one. Whether you want to manage your content, deliver your email ad campaigns or measure your success, you can do all of these things in one place. Adobe Experience Cloud is a consolidated procedure for customer experience management (CXM).
Channels have continued to increase day by day. That is why it is very important that you should be able to produce lots of content. With Adobe Experience Manager, you can manage everything in an efficient way so you can keep up with your other tasks.
In order to be successful in your engagement, you must know your audience very well. Adobe Analytics can help you in accomplishing this. It is the best analytics and measurement tool that can provide you the insights that you need. In fact, it is not just your ordinary web analytics, it’s more like customer intelligence.
Gathering data is not the only solution. Using the Audience Manager DMP, you will have access to every customer data coming from any source and incorporate them into one profile. This is a very significant system which Adobe offered on all their products.
Why do people love to work at Adobe?
Adobe has been recognized as the best place to work during the last two decades. They also provided designers with the best experience ever.
“No other company in the world gives everyone, from emerging artists to global brands, everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. Our innovation and leadership in digital media and digital marketing give our customers a real competitive advantage, positioning us for continued growth well into the future.”