Video marketing, nowadays, should be an integral part of any brand’s business strategy. This is done by creating a video showcasing a product or service your brand has to offer. Afterwards, these videos are then posted to your website or social media accounts (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube). The goal of making these videos is to sell your products/services or to develop a good public relation.
With today’s technology, it has never been this easier to shoot videos. There is no need to buy expensive professional cameras, even our smartphones can shoot high-quality 4k videos. All you must do is set up a tripod, place your camera in place, and hit the record button. However, this will not stop you to still buy/rent expensive professional cameras if you want for higher production value videos. Just make sure to shoot a high-quality video with a great content.
Don’t believe in the power of video marketing? You are in luck because here are 25 amazing video marketing statistics that can help convince you to use it.
- YouTube is still the leading video marketing platform, but Facebook is catching up
- 87% of video marketers say they use YouTube, 84% use Facebook (35% use Facebook Live), and 51% use Instagram (17% use Instagram TV)
- Internet users spend 40 minutes on a typical YouTube session.
- YouTube accounts 28% of all Google searches.
- 80% of YouTube daily traffic comes from outside the US.
- Vertical videos are on the rise
74.9% of people now prefer to watch videos on mobile phones vertically. An internet trends survey conducted in 2016 found that 90% of mobile phone users hold their mobiles vertically. Additionally, vertical videos are said to have a higher completion rate compared to videos watched horizontally. According to studies, only less than 30% of users flip their phones horizontally to watch a video and those who do, finish only 14% of the video.
- Video marketers are adapting to current technology
According to a survey, 11% of video marketers use VR as a channel and 64% out of those said it’s been successful for them.
- Where does people watch videos
34% of people mainly use their mobile phones to watch, 17% said they mainly use desktop, while the 42% left said they equally use their mobile and desktop.
- Videos are shared more frequently
Videos will be more likely shared by people to their friends (48%). Followed by social media posts (23%), news article (16%), blog posts (5%), and product pages (3%).
Additionally, 92% of mobile viewers share videos with others.
- 36% of users trust online video ads
- Only 14% of online marketers don’t use videos
Main reasons why the 14% of video marketers don’t use video as a channel are:
- lack of time (23%),
- don’t know where to start (21%),
- unclear on the ROI of video (14%),
- thought they were expensive (12%),
- don’t feel they need video content (9%),
- and unable to convince key decision makers in their business of the value of the video (5%).
However, 74% of marketers who don’t use video marketing say they will start using it in 2019. Furthermore, 43% of marketers say they’d create more video content if there are no obstacles like time, resources, and budget.
- Videos drive more traffic
Videos attract up to 300% more traffic. It is expected that videos will make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2021.
- Videos make users spend more time on your page
The average time spent on pages with videos are double than those without. Internet users spend 3 minutes on pages with videos, while 1 minute 30 seconds on pages without.
- Product videos can increase sales
Product videos can increase online product purchase by 144% and conversion by 80%. Brands that use video marketing increase their year-over-year revenue by 49% faster than brands that don’t.
- Digital video marketing is a huge industry
Digital video marketing is a $135 million industry in the US alone.
- A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words
According to the Forrester research, if a picture is worth a thousand words then a video which is made of multiple pictures, is worth 1.8 million words.
- Videos have a higher retention rate
Study says that people retain 65% of information from a video compared to 10% from a text.
- How much video people watch
- 1 billion hours of video is watched daily.
- Facebook has over 8 billion video view daily.
- There are 50,000 years of product review videos watched the past 2 years.
- 58% of video creators use videos for business, others use it for personal use. 86% of online marketers use video as channels.
- Videos create leads
- Videos create 66% more qualified leads annually.
- Videos in email leads to up to 300% increase in click through rates.
- Videos reduce support calls
41% of video marketers say that video help them reduce support calls.
- Videos increase brand awareness
81% of people use video on their brand’s website. Study reveals that videos increase brand awareness by 54%.
- Visuals are more important according to studies
81% of internet users mute video ads. 85% of Facebook video is watched without sounds.
- It only takes seconds before users browse away from your video
Video marketers only have 2.7 seconds to capture their audience.
- Length does matter
According to 50% of consumers, the optimal length for an explainer video is 1 minute.
- Ad fraud statistic
According to Google, half of all online ads were never seen by humans. (Ad fraud statistics)
- 30-second ads have higher view-through rates
30-second ads have a 30% higher view-through rates compared to 15-second ads.
- 68% of people prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a video making it more popular than articles (15%), infographics (4%), presentation and pitches (4%), and eBooks and manuals (3%).
- The demand for video content is increasing
54% of internet users want to so more video content from a brand they support. 43% of consumers say they want to watch video content this year.